After a good break over Christmas with my family down at the famed Margaret River, I’m heading into 2012 as reigning Under 23 World Time Trial Champion, Team Pursuit World Champion, and as a GreenEdge neo pro – not bad at all.
With the weather so good, I’ve been able to get plenty of training in along with Cameron and Travis Meyer and I think we’re all coming up really well – but I’m really looking forward to actually getting into some racing. I’ve had a bit to juggle though between my preparations for my short Australian road season and then with an eye to the London Olympic Games. So while I’ve had some long road rides I’ve also done some shorter efforts for the track. For me, it’s all about London so I didn’t look for as big of a road base as I normally would; I concentrated more on my track stuff.
So with that in mind it will be interesting how I pull up at the road nationals. I’ve never done Bay Crits before either. It’s going into no man’s land; it is new territory for me so hopefully it all comes out for the best.
for the full article from cyclingnews click here.
- Jan 14 - Santos Tour Down Under 2012 Jan 15-22
- Jan 13 - Liquigas-Cannondale 2012 Team.
- Jan 12 - 2012 NIKE MARK CAVENDISH
- Jan 11 - Gabe Winawer
- Jan 10 - Omega-Pharma-Quick Step
- Jan 9 - Simon Gerrans Wins Australia Road National Championships 2012!
- Jan 8 - Cavendish for NIKE.
- Jan 7 - RadioShack-Nissan Jersey 2012
- Jan 6 - RadioShack-Nissan ready..
- Jan 5 - Team Sky 2012.